Orari, musei umbria, museo umbria, domus, parco archeologico, mosaici, mosaico, in agenda, appuntamenti, mostre, convegni, incontri e seminari, fotografie opere umbre, immagini museo umbria, collezioni musei umbria, archivi storici umbria, app museo umbria, arte contemporanea umbria, Burri, Emilio Greco, Fuseum Brajo Fuso, Carandente,Moore, Pepper, Smith, Giò Pomodoro, Sol LeWitt, Galleria d?arte contemporanea Pro Civitate Christiana, Centro Arte Officine Siri,Museo d?arte Moderna Aurelio de Felice, CIAC, Calamita Cosmica Gino de Dominicis, Giardino dei Lauri, Pietro Cascella, Nino Caruso,Terzo Paradiso Michelangelo Pistoletto, Claudio Faina, Necropoli Crocefisso del Tufo, Antiquarium, Necropoli estrusca, antichi umbri, Cajani, plestini umbri ,museo archeologico, germanico,catacomba,terme romane, casa romana,mura,paleontologico,cicli geologici,paleontologia umbria,musero vulcanologico,Signorelli,Giotto,Ghirlandaio,Pomarancio,Perugino,Pintoricchio,Raffaello,Piermatteo d?Amelia;Piero della Francesca,Cimabue, Gozzoli, Spagna,Lippi,pozzo etrusco,ipogeo, narni sotterranea, orvieto underground, pozzo san patrizio,canapa,tela umbra,giuditta brozzetti, museo merletto tuoro, tessile valtopina,Anita Belleschi, Grifoni, MOO, MUVIT,antico frantoio costacciaro, museo civiltà ulivo trevi,ecomusei umbria, ceramica umbria

In compliance with the Prime Ministerial Decree of November 3, 2020 and as a containment measure to the spread of the coronavirus covid-19, the opening of museums and libraries is suspended until December 3.

Museo "Claudio Faina" e Museo civico. Orvieto (TR)

Museo

Detailed information
Description
The Museo Claudio Faina and the Museo Civico Archeologico are hosted inside Palazzo Faina, located in Piazza Duomo, in Orvieto. The place was built in the mid 1800s over the old structure of the house of the Monaldeschi, a 13th century family that was among the wealthiest in Orvieto. In the 19th century Count Claudio Faina Senior acquired the palace, and moved his private family art collection—previously kept in his residence of Perugia—there. The building became the seat of the Museum in 1954, when Claudio Junior, the last heir, left all his properties to Orvieto Municipality to finance the Claudio Faina Museum Foundation in his will, and it has remained there ever since. The exhibition arrangement aims at illustrating the steps of the gathering of the collection, from the constitution of the original nucleus starting in 1864, by Count Mario, collected following the indications required by collectors of the time, up to its enrichment by Eugenio, Mario’s heir, who limited the acquisition [...]