Orari, musei umbria, museo umbria, domus, parco archeologico, mosaici, mosaico, in agenda, appuntamenti, mostre, convegni, incontri e seminari, fotografie opere umbre, immagini museo umbria, collezioni musei umbria, archivi storici umbria, app museo umbria, arte contemporanea umbria, Burri, Emilio Greco, Fuseum Brajo Fuso, Carandente,Moore, Pepper, Smith, Giò Pomodoro, Sol LeWitt, Galleria d?arte contemporanea Pro Civitate Christiana, Centro Arte Officine Siri,Museo d?arte Moderna Aurelio de Felice, CIAC, Calamita Cosmica Gino de Dominicis, Giardino dei Lauri, Pietro Cascella, Nino Caruso,Terzo Paradiso Michelangelo Pistoletto, Claudio Faina, Necropoli Crocefisso del Tufo, Antiquarium, Necropoli estrusca, antichi umbri, Cajani, plestini umbri ,museo archeologico, germanico,catacomba,terme romane, casa romana,mura,paleontologico,cicli geologici,paleontologia umbria,musero vulcanologico,Signorelli,Giotto,Ghirlandaio,Pomarancio,Perugino,Pintoricchio,Raffaello,Piermatteo d?Amelia;Piero della Francesca,Cimabue, Gozzoli, Spagna,Lippi,pozzo etrusco,ipogeo, narni sotterranea, orvieto underground, pozzo san patrizio,canapa,tela umbra,giuditta brozzetti, museo merletto tuoro, tessile valtopina,Anita Belleschi, Grifoni, MOO, MUVIT,antico frantoio costacciaro, museo civiltà ulivo trevi,ecomusei umbria, ceramica umbria

In compliance with the Prime Ministerial Decree of November 3, 2020 and as a containment measure to the spread of the coronavirus covid-19, the opening of museums and libraries is suspended until December 3.

Museo della città di Palazzo Trinci. Foligno (PG)

Museo

Part of
Palazzo Trinci. Foligno (PG)
Detailed information
Description
The Museo di Palazzo Trinci is the town museum. Housed in Trinci Palace, it overlooks the old and former Piazza Grande, now Piazza della Repubblica that is the main square of Foligno. Palazzo Trinci was built between the 14th and 15th centuries as the residence of the noble Trinci family, who governed the town during the period spanning from 1305 to 1439. As a consequence of the annexing of Foligno to the Papal State, this palace became the seat of the papal legates up until the unification of the nation—the historical period referred to as the Unità d’Italia in 1860—and was later destined to host the offices of the Prefect, the Prefettura, then the Demanio—the Italian State Property Authority—the Monopoly of the State and the Guardia di Finanza—a body of police forces dedicated to financial crime. The building, damaged after a number of modifications on its structure during the centuries—including the damage from an earthquake in 1831-32 and also the World War II bombing of Foligno—was closed in 1985 and restored [...]