The Laboratory of the History of Agriculture shows the growth of agriculture over time through the exposition of the first modern machinery introduced in Umbria.
In 1898 the Ministry of Agriculture subsidized the establishment of the "Royal Deposit of Agricultural Machinery" attached at the Higher Institute of Agricultural Perugia in order to allow "as an experiment to schools, to Associations and private farmers, machines and tools modern rural to spread its use to increase agriculture”; for this purpose the deposit was provided with equipment from abroad, including American equipment, English, German and French. The equipment still maintain the original paint, the ancient written and decals, that enhances the historical and documentary value.
Besides the machines of the Royal Deposit, within the laboratory are exposed machinery of the Foundation for Education Agriculture of Perugia, interesting as they are coming from the surrounding of the museum. A third group of equipment comes from a donation of Banca Etruria and allowed to greatly expand certain areas of exposure, in particular those concerning the processing of agricultural products.