Orari, musei umbria, museo umbria, domus, parco archeologico, mosaici, mosaico, in agenda, appuntamenti, mostre, convegni, incontri e seminari, fotografie opere umbre, immagini museo umbria, collezioni musei umbria, archivi storici umbria, app museo umbria, arte contemporanea umbria, Burri, Emilio Greco, Fuseum Brajo Fuso, Carandente,Moore, Pepper, Smith, Giò Pomodoro, Sol LeWitt, Galleria d?arte contemporanea Pro Civitate Christiana, Centro Arte Officine Siri,Museo d?arte Moderna Aurelio de Felice, CIAC, Calamita Cosmica Gino de Dominicis, Giardino dei Lauri, Pietro Cascella, Nino Caruso,Terzo Paradiso Michelangelo Pistoletto, Claudio Faina, Necropoli Crocefisso del Tufo, Antiquarium, Necropoli estrusca, antichi umbri, Cajani, plestini umbri ,museo archeologico, germanico,catacomba,terme romane, casa romana,mura,paleontologico,cicli geologici,paleontologia umbria,musero vulcanologico,Signorelli,Giotto,Ghirlandaio,Pomarancio,Perugino,Pintoricchio,Raffaello,Piermatteo d?Amelia;Piero della Francesca,Cimabue, Gozzoli, Spagna,Lippi,pozzo etrusco,ipogeo, narni sotterranea, orvieto underground, pozzo san patrizio,canapa,tela umbra,giuditta brozzetti, museo merletto tuoro, tessile valtopina,Anita Belleschi, Grifoni, MOO, MUVIT,antico frantoio costacciaro, museo civiltà ulivo trevi,ecomusei umbria, ceramica umbria

In compliance with the Prime Ministerial Decree of November 3, 2020 and as a containment measure to the spread of the coronavirus covid-19, the opening of museums and libraries is suspended until December 3.

Cappella di San Severo. Perugia (PG)

Museo

Detailed information
Description
Today, the chapel appears as a room adjacent to the present church of San Severo, in Rione Porta Sole, the highest point in the city of Perugia. It was once part of the ancient 13th century Camaldolese church, modified for the first time in the 15th century and rebuilt in 1758. Inside is preserved the only remaining work of the many that Raphael made for the city. It is a fresco depicting the Trinity and the Saints. Raphael, because of the many commissions that came from Florence and then from Rome, could not complete the decoration, which was completed in 1521 by the older Pietro Perugino, his teacher. Raffaello's hand was responsible for the upper register with the Holy Trinity and the saints, while Perugino painted the saints in the lower register. The polychrome terracotta sculpture in the niche at the centre of the wall dates back to the 16th century. In 2020 is celebrated  the fifth centenary since the death of Raffaello Sanzio, to learn about all the initiatives and places connected to the illustrious painter from Urbino, go to www [...]