Orari, musei umbria, museo umbria, domus, parco archeologico, mosaici, mosaico, in agenda, appuntamenti, mostre, convegni, incontri e seminari, fotografie opere umbre, immagini museo umbria, collezioni musei umbria, archivi storici umbria, app museo umbria, arte contemporanea umbria, Burri, Emilio Greco, Fuseum Brajo Fuso, Carandente,Moore, Pepper, Smith, Giò Pomodoro, Sol LeWitt, Galleria d?arte contemporanea Pro Civitate Christiana, Centro Arte Officine Siri,Museo d?arte Moderna Aurelio de Felice, CIAC, Calamita Cosmica Gino de Dominicis, Giardino dei Lauri, Pietro Cascella, Nino Caruso,Terzo Paradiso Michelangelo Pistoletto, Claudio Faina, Necropoli Crocefisso del Tufo, Antiquarium, Necropoli estrusca, antichi umbri, Cajani, plestini umbri ,museo archeologico, germanico,catacomba,terme romane, casa romana,mura,paleontologico,cicli geologici,paleontologia umbria,musero vulcanologico,Signorelli,Giotto,Ghirlandaio,Pomarancio,Perugino,Pintoricchio,Raffaello,Piermatteo d?Amelia;Piero della Francesca,Cimabue, Gozzoli, Spagna,Lippi,pozzo etrusco,ipogeo, narni sotterranea, orvieto underground, pozzo san patrizio,canapa,tela umbra,giuditta brozzetti, museo merletto tuoro, tessile valtopina,Anita Belleschi, Grifoni, MOO, MUVIT,antico frantoio costacciaro, museo civiltà ulivo trevi,ecomusei umbria, ceramica umbria

Given the prolongation of the emergency situation, it is advisable to inquire about openings on the sites or by calling individual institutes.

Complesso museale di San Francesco. Montefalco (PG)

Museo

Part of
Chiesa e Convento di S. Francesco. Montefalco (PG)
Detailed information
Description
The Museo Civico di San Francesco is located at a walking distance from the central square of Montefalco. The medieval burgh, famous for its precious wine production and for its splendid panoramic position, dominates the entire Umbrian Valley from Perugia to Spoleto. The Museum’s display is arranged in the interior spaces of the former Chiesa di San Francesco built between 1335 and 1338—and inside the historical rooms of the annexed Convent. The current appearance of the church dates back essentially to the 15 century, when the Franciscan friars promoted its complete restructuring. The Museum has had its premises in the Chiesa di San Francesco and in the Convent annexed to it since 1990. The church was built between 1335 and 1338 and hosted a painting work-site of noticeable importance, above all for the presence of a number of works of the painter Benozzo Gozzoli, author of the decorations contained in the Cappella di San Girolamo and in the Apse. The twelve fresco scenes of The life of [...]